Monday, May 9, 2011

Gifts of Kindness and Love

What a Wonderful Mother's Day!! Actually, my Mother's Day started earlier in the week with a day with Stacy enjoying two new restaurants, shopping, finding my garden flag and sewing cart for My Studio, we wore each other out! It was a long day, yet full of laughs, ideas and fun and I enjoyed every minute...thank you Stacy.
Sunday was spent enjoying my son, Jason, and his girlfriend, Clare, all day! They brought the turkey, Donnie fried it, chickens and squash. I cooked acre peas, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli and cauliflower salad, fruit salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, and sweet pickles, and white chocolate mousse for dessert. We laughed, talked about college, plans for summer, friends, family and most of all enjoyed each other's company. They brought me a flower for my flower bed, a card (I cried over-tears of joy), and gave me their time...there isn't much more one person needs. Thank you Donnie, Jason and Clare for a wonderful day!
In addition to all that, Clare's mom, sent me presents/gifts of some of her crafting supplies!! Three boxes! It felt like Christmas to me! I enjoyed looking at almost every single item in the boxes-each time you brought one thing out, there was more and more underneath! Now my mind is going crazy trying to think of all the things I can do with it~Rebecca your kindness is much appreciated!
This Mother's Day Weekend the Lord also called home a dear lady, Mrs. Taylor. She was a very special lady to me as I got to know her through my sister's husband (at the time) and she was so unique you wanted to know more. You had to gain her trust first and once you did you were friends for life~she was German and apparently that was how they did things. I loved to listen to her tell stories, especially her accent. I will pay my final respects and celebrate her life on Wednesday. After learning of Mrs. Taylor's passing, it opened the "flood gates" for missing my own Mother...even though I know she is with me spiritually daily, there are some moments, which I can't explain, I just lose it and break down from missing her so much. My Mother was my
Best Friend; we shared hot tea in the afternoons (even in the middle of summer!), literally shopped till we dropped, learned between us so many crafts and long forgotten artisan skills. Our trips and times at the beaches are still some of my favorites...the picture I have looked at all weekend was of my mother on the pier at Ft. Clinch State Park in Fernandina Beach, Florida~her smile was there as always.
My Sister, Jan, and I talked Saturday morning...checking on each other and wishing the other a wonderful weekend. The excitement was also in my sister's voice regarding her wedding dress...she found "The ONE!" I am so excited and happy for her. Since this is her second and last marriage, she wants everything perfect~so do I and I want her to be extremely happy. I have a feeling she will as she is marrying into a "large-close-knit" family...something we haven't had for a long time and she has truly missed. Now that one of the major components of the wedding has been checked off, on to the smaller details and fun...I still have to find my dress, since I've been given the honor of being Matron of Honor!
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Weekend enjoying all the things you love, being with those that mean so much to you, and remembering the friends and family from our life that have shaped us into the amazing human beings we are today. Thank you Lord for honoring me with such amazing people in my life.~Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment