Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Beautiful Day

Good Morning Everyone! It is a beautiful morning with the sun shinning and all the birds feeding and flying in the yard. We are supposed to have another hot day...I know I live in Florida; however, it seems our weather skipped right over Spring and went straight to Summer temperatures...I have a feeling it is going to be a very long, hot one...thank goodness for air conditioning!

Today I am continuing on my "studio"...that seems so weird to say! hehe I am converting a back room in the house which has been everything from an enclosed patio, to our children's playroom, to our parents' apartment over the years into my place to create. Yesterday was taking out carpet and cleaning the concrete...today, hopefully, will be sealing the concrete and possibly painting the floor. Yes, painting the floor! Right now my money is going into supplies/etc., so area rugs will have to wait. I do have a summer area rug with bright stripes around 7 ft. long that I'll use in the room. One step at a time. So I'll create around the "mess" in the other part of the house for now...I've learned over the years to adapt to any environment! :) Just makes like a little more interesting. I'm taking pictures to document...I'll post some tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm working on embossing butterflies and hand embroidering a meadow as the background for my crocheted butterfly picture. Will also try to put together a couple more scrapbook/altered art/mixed media kits today and post. I am learning that keeping the online business going is a 24-48 hr. job!! I'm so excited though that I have been given this second opportunity in life that I'm enjoying all that goes with it!!

I wish you all a wonderful day...I'll try to post pictures tomorrow of my studio's progress and also give you some other Etsy shops to take a look at...there are soooooo many talented people on Etsy...I feel extremely honored to be a part of this site.

My Etsy shop is Ladybugs Cottage...www.ladybugscottage.etsy.com   Believe me I was so excited when that name was available on Etsy, along with Facebook and Blogger. For me, it was all meant to be! If you go to my Etsy shop, you can go to my Favorites and visit some truly unique shops...make sure you're comfortable and have a glass of iced tea or your favorite beverage, you'll be there for awhile...I know I am!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment